Artists
Entertainment News
Nollywood Royalty Dakore Akande graces 2016’s First BM|Pro Covers!
06:32:00frankola
Here’s
what the head makeup artist Banke
Meshida-Lawal of the team at BM|Pro, had to say about their
cover star.
From
various acting roles to becoming a Pampers ambassador,
to being on the frontline as MOBOs
clothing ambassador as she wears their collections so Beautifully, Dakore never
ceases to amaze me. I had the opportunity to watch her on set as the
promotional clips for Fifty:
The Movie were being recorded. She belted out her lines with
such ease and perfection, I had to ask the director if she was reading through
a tele-prompter! No breaks, first take and she was done…. Have you seen her as
the rich and fabulous Tola
in the movie? I shed tears in the dark as I watched her emotional outburst as a
victim of child abuse…. Find her in other movies like Lunchtime Heroes,
a film by Seyi
Babatope; Unconditional
with Uche Jombo
amongst others…

Dakore
is also very actively involved in voluntary work for Action Aid Nigeria. It’s
an NGO involved in raising money for developmental projects in Nigeria like
building roads, schools, vocational training for the youth and underprivileged,
advocating women’s rights. We got talking about some of their challenges and
successes and I was bowled over. To donate and be a part of this cause, go to www.actionaid.org/nigeria/.
I
also came across the Dakore Mums World blog for Cow&Gate, a forum/platform
for young mothers, discussing the challenges of motherhood, infant feeding,
weaning and everything related. Real mothers discuss real issues on there and I
could totally relate.
So
very thorough and professional, I’m always in awe of Dakore’s work ethics,
acting skills, dedication to her projects. Dakore is never late to a set and if
she is running behind schedule, calls to notify and apologize…very refreshing
and endearing in an industry where some think making people wait is a sign of
their superstar status….. Many can attest to the fact that she is a delight to
work with, I call her an All-Rounder. I guess that is why she has her hands
full and schedule filled, as everyone wants a piece of DAX…
Her
beautiful features, imperfect eyebrow (a reminder from her childhood) which has
become a constant feature on her face, is every BM|Pro makeup artist’s dream
(YES! We discuss her at our weekly round table and how everything just pops on
her!)… Extremely long and full lower eyelashes make you just want to bury your
slim BM|PRO VaVaVoom mascara wand in them. A true professional, no demands or
overbearing attitude, She let me paint on as we conceptualized our BM|PRO
Cover, modeling everything as requested by the shoot director, and as BIGH clicked
away, she served face.
Makeup: Banke Meshida-Lawal | @banksbmpro
Photography: BIG H Studios | @bighstudios
Graphics & Cover Design: LL Smith
Photography: BIG H Studios | @bighstudios
Graphics & Cover Design: LL Smith
credit for this post goes to BellaNaija








0 comments
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Dark Continent Africa